Sunday, March 28, 2010

My Winter Trails



Railroad tracks and frozen lakes are two of my favorite ways to see the Adirondacks in the winter. I've always loved running on on railroad tracks and beds and I really try not to be intimidated by sharing them with 4 wheelers and snowmobiles. Snowmobiles open up a new system of trails for us in the winter and while I pray for snow to ski, a big part of me gets psyched when I hear the obnoxious beasts zipping by on the railroad tracks a block from my front door. When we moved to Elm Street I happened upon the tracks early one morning and couldn't stop going back to explore on foot or skis further and further in every year. Last week the dogs and I spent entire long run on the tracks discovering ponds and lakes-all three of us grinning foolishly:) A couple of winters ago John and I followed some snowmobile tracks out onto Oseetah Lake for one of my favorite runs in ever, to be chuggin' along surrounded by these mountain views-breath taking! I kept dragging John and Jenny out there so we could play Alaskan Explorers and I'm pretty sure they never got bored with it!

No comments:

Post a Comment