Saturday, March 8, 2014

I don't care, I love it!

I think I had a breakthrough workout today. After a solid 2 and a half hour ride that included a set of step up intervals that made me shutter when I checked the workout on training peaks, I did a series of mile repeats that felt almost effortless. The sciatic pain from a couple of weeks ago doesn't feel like frayed rope anymore and I can run again! I really try to be good and stick to Coachulio's paces but today's run felt so good. The right shoes, the right nutrition, a sweet new pair of Coeur tri shorts and I couldn't hold it in. Earlier in the week I was forced to look at why I'm doing all of this, why I'm obsessing and treating training like it's a part time job and it occurred to me this is what I was always supposed to be doing. I'm just really attacking it 10 or 11 years later than I ever thought I would be. I finally feel well enough equipped to listen to my coach, listen to my body and be grateful for the time I get to spend training. I don't care, I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment