Sunday, December 13, 2009

Great Expectations



So I headed out on my run this morning, with dogs in tow, expecting a nice easy, peaceful run along the St. Lawrence and Oswegatchie Rivers, on our favorite paths, where the dogs love to frolic off leash. My first sign that the run was not going to be as peaceful as I thought when Quenton started lagging behind to play with an old chocolate lab that we had passed and wouldn't let me catch him to cross the bridge and run the rest of the path. The next sign was when I thought I had them outsmarted by leading them up a set of stairs so I could catch them at the top of the and finish the run. I started up the ice covered stairs yelling at the dogs and they both disappeared! 5 Five more minutes of yelling and starting up the stairs and no dogs! Bandit finally let me catch her after rifling through some bushes and we discovered Quenton enjoying a frozen turkey on the side of the road-yeah a frozen turkey, like from a grocery store wrapped in plastic on the side of the road, in the middle of town! As I lunged for him, he decided staying 2 steps ahead of me was a better idea and I should chase him across the bridge. He scampered across the slipperiest sidewalk and passed an OPD car before he decided it was time for him to be back on the leash. I dragged them back to Grandma's grumbling about how much fun it is that they are so old, but still so dumb, and gave them tomorrow off!

No comments:

Post a Comment