Wednesday, February 24, 2010

My Awesome Support Team

On Monday afternoon I rolled past a friend's house with a car full of children headed to the pool. He asked where they all came from and I replied, "it takes gaggle of children to raise a triathlete." Over the last few weeks of getting back into the swing of triathlon training I have been constantly reminded of this. Last year Ruby finally hit the age where she and her bff, Emma, could accompany me to the pool and play while I got my workout out in. Now whenever we hit the pool we call teh Peer family ahead of time and borrow one or two or three of their girls to come along with us! My friends and family know me well enough to recognize when I'm starting to unravel and I'm so fortunate that they seem to swoop in just at the right moments. Alison got me out on a morning run when she stayed over and totally got me through a what would have been a long week inside! A couple weeks ago Ruby and I headed to Grandma and Grandpa's for a the weekend after our Friday night track meet and the dogs and I were treated to three great outside runs where I didn't feel panic striken to get back to Ruby. Sensing a touch of crazy in my voice again last week they came to Saranac Lake, took Ruby to the circus and I got to have the nicest long run with Q and Wendy. These are just a few of the acts of kindness and generosity, as well as Ruby putting up with hours in a babyjogger or on a trail a bike or Smartcycle next to me, are what makes it all doable and I'm so grateful! Thanks team-get ready Ironman training is creeping up!

No comments:

Post a Comment